What we do
By appointment only: Advice and direction/referral where necessary
We work with several local legal aid solicitors who help us give free 15 minute appointments in the following areas: housing, tenancy, debt, family, employment. Please ring to make an appointment.
Please bring all the relevant documents regarding your situation to your appointment.
CONFIDENTIALITY POLICIES ARE ADHERED TO IN LINE WITH THE DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION.
CAP (Community Advice Programme):
This is an appointment only clinic happening every other Saturday – click here
Advice Areas Covered:
We can give advice in the following areas:
unpaid bills, bailiffs, dealing with those you owe money to, agreeing repayment plans, personal budgets.
- Please use this link for a personal budget plan click here
- go to payplan or stepchange – check out 0800 numbers to call free from mobiles
- Government debt information including bailiffs: https://www.gov.uk/browse/tax/court-claims-debt-bankruptcy
- Please bring with you any bailiff's letters, final payment demands, credit card bills, bank statements and any other documents.
Landlord/tenant disputes, private rental agreements, rent arrears, repossession, eviction, notice, disrepair, temporary accommodation, local authority banding, homelessness. Please note that we can give free initial advice to homeowners, but legal aid is not available for those who own a home, even if it's mortgaged.
Contracts, disputes, disciplinaries, grievances, dismissals, maternity rights, discrimination, harassment, redundancy.
Illegally in the UK, applying for visas, and citizenship – note that we give ADVICE ONLY and are qualified to give this advice.
- Check this link for initial assistance and background information: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
- Please bring with you your passport/s and visa, and any forms and letters from the Home Office or Nationality Directorate.
- Voluntary Returns programme